Monday, October 8, 2012

... and Gayle danced !

They say cricket is a funny game and it is hard to predict any thing. I tasted this personally yesterday. What happened in the world T20 finals yesterday, makes my previous post look like a complete foolish post. Neither of the people I mentioned could showcase their talent and failed miserably. I will put down a few statistics to justify just that. Gayle scored 3 runs from 16 bowls, Malinga was hit for 54 in his quota of 4 overs. Jayawardene and Sangakara combined could manage on 55 runs from 85 balls.  
 
The saving grace was the fact that at the end of it all, we did see Gayle dancing and this time he had the full team dancing with him. Let me be very frank and confess the fact that the start that west indies had made me nervous and I had almost given up all the hopes of a west indian victory and the chances of the dance was diminishing. But the way Samuels butchered the Sri Lankan bowlers including Malinga gave me some hope.
 
After then every few minutes I was getting more and more convinced that the match is getting into the hands of west indies and when Mahela was caught playing his favourite switch hit it was curtains for sri lanka. I must also confess that the late outburst with the bat by Nuwan Kulasekera delayed my party a bit but that was an effort that did not reap good results. Eventually the match was sealed and the dance happened.
 
I would also like to add that the Indian's were a bit unlucky in this tournament as they could not make it to the semi finals despite the fact that they had won 4 out of their 5 matches in the tournament. West Indies on the other side did not have a very good run in the tournament but won the matches that mattered and finally they were crowned the World T20 champions. Having said this I do not intend to take anything away from the champions. They thoroughly deserved it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment